Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday, March 7

I've had a good couple of weeks including several visitors. Two weekends ago my sister Barb brought my mother out to Iowa from Indiana, last weekend my sister Beth came from Peoria, and this weekend my brother Mark and sister Rita came from Indiana. It was great to spend some time with each of them and catch up. It was also nice for Carole to get some much needed assistance.

I've been continuing to watch a lot of basketball lately. I'm disappointed that the Boilermakers won't have Robbie Hummel down the stretch, but I was happy to see them win a share of the Big Ten title yesterday. We also enjoyed watching the Linn-Mar girls win a state championship last night!

I told Brian 2 weeks ago that I wished I could have some Leffe Brune - my favorite beer in the world. This is a challenge since the only way you can get it in the US is on tap on the East Coast. His work colleagues in the Netherlands came through quickly though and I received a shipment of 4 bottles when Brian arrived this weekend. I've really enjoyed having 1 each of the past couple of nights. "Dank u wel" to Enno and Ferens!

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul! Thanks for the update! I like the picture of you and your Leffe Brune. Brian sure came through for you. Enjoy, and don't drink them all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    It's a bit more of a challenge for the Boilermakers w/o Robbie, but don't count them out. Kramer, Johnson, Grant, Moore, Jackson .... when they are playing well as a team and hitting baskets are a lot to contend with. It's been a fun year to watch Purdue! BOILER UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may have to switch allegiances to become Boilermakers after the way McCamey behaved in the game today against the Badgers. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, Good to see you with a Leffe glass in your hand again. You and I drank a lot of them over the years. I was able to get a hold of Leffe Blonde(my fav) in Marco Island Florida. Lisa's dad bought several cases before we arrived and I had 4-5 every night for 6 days. It's still my favorite beer in the world.

    Randy Walter

    ReplyDelete