My radiation treatments started on Thursday and my first chemo pill comes tonight. It was a long day at the hospital today. We started with an appointment with the pill pushing chemo doctor at 10:00 AM, then had appointment for radiation, and met with the radiation oncologist after that. In the meantime, Andy stayed with me while Carole and Brian went to the hospital pharmacy to start getting all the new pills I need to take- an antibiotic, a nausea drug and the chemo pills. The pharmacy was not able to fill prescription for the chemo drug because I was supposed to have pre-approval for it, and buy it through the mail from Blue Cross's pharmacy. It didn't seem to matter that I didn't know what I needed to get pre-approval for or that I needed to start taking it tonight. In the end, after about a four hour delay, we were able to get a one time exemption and got the prescription filled. I can't complain too much because the pharmacist told us the pills usually cost about $5000 and we had a co-pay of $150.
So far the radiation hasn't bothered me, and we'll see how the chemo goes after a few weeks. Everyone at the hospital has been really great, but I know Carole is already getting tired of the drive.
It was great to have Andy, Tory, Brian, Jeff and Cathy here for Father's Day, and Carole's mom, Ailene here for most of the week. I'm really humbled by all the support we've received from family and friends. Your prayers (I've been told there are over a million people praying for me), cards, comments, food, help mowing the lawn, etc. are all appreciated. Thanks!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment