Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday, June 30th

Quick trip to to Iowa City today. My appointment was at 1:15, and I had finished the radiation and we were back in the car and on our way home by 1:30. Still no issues with either the radiation or the chemo, but it may take a few days for everything to really kick in.
Carole and I went to a vocal concert tonight that was part of the Cedar Rapids Freedom Festival. It was really good, but I'm too emotional right now, and I started to break up when they did the fallen soldier tribute. They stuck the rifle bayonette in the sandbag, and hung the helmet and dogtags on it.
Tomorrow we meet with the radiation oncologist - don't expect any problems, but we'll see what he has to say.
No milkshake today, but I had a big piece of cake. I put on jeans to go to the concert tonight, and I could barely get them zipped up.

4 comments:

  1. Cake?! Do you mean grilled cake (like your grilled chicken, grilled salmon...We all saw how skinny Carole got from your cooking!)?

    The concert sounds very moving.

    Good luck tomorrow with the radiation guy. Thanks for keeping us all posted.

    Oh, and about the jeans...welcome to my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    We also think of you and I'm very glad to be kept informed by this blog. I hope you'll keep responding so well to your treatements and that they may help very quickly. Please keep up the good spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,

    just a word of explication by the comment of Lvira: I am claudia from Dieter from genencor Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul,
    I'm so glad to hear you're out and about! A new pair of shoes is just what Carole needs.
    Continue to stay strong through your treatments. I'm impressed with your strength!

    ReplyDelete