Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday's Update

Two days of chemo down, and I've learned a little about what and when I can eat, but no major problems yet. I'll take the chemo medication 7 days a week, and get radiation 5 days a week for about 7 weeks. I'm actually feeling pretty well - just a little light headed when I stand up. Carole still does all the driving, but I think I could do it without any issues. We managed to get out of the house and go shopping yesterday. Buying Carole a new pair of shoes wasn't my idea of a lot of fun, but it was nice to get out of the house for a while. We did manage to go to Target as well, so the trip wasn't too bad. This morning we went to church. It bothered me a lot when I heard my name on the prayer list, but then I realized a lot of people really do care, and I really appreciate it.
After I watched the U.S. lose to Brazil in the soccer game, Carole and I went out to find new shrubs for the front of the house. After that I felt well enough to fire up the grill and cook some salmon. I'm thankful I feel well enough to get out and around, and I plan to stay as active as I can.
Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. That a way, Paul! That soccer game really stunk...the second half was pretty pathetic! Traci and I hope to stop over this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as Carole is buying new shoes, and you are grilling healthy dinners, I am reassured! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're getting out and about, Paul! The salmon HAD to be better than the game - at least the second half!

    ReplyDelete