The chemo pills arrived from CVS/Caremark yesterday (UPS did their normal stunt and left more than $5000 worth of pills sitting on the front porch and never even rang the doorbell) so I started a new round of chemo last night. The pills are more than double the dosage of the pills I took my last round, but I only take the pills five days a month. It was kind of a rough day today. My strength and balance are not very good. Walking is getting harder every day. The chemo doctor says it might be from the steroid I'm taking to reduce swelling. He's going to try to back me off the steroid dosage once I'm past this round of chemo. I surely hope that helps. Backing off the steroid may help me sleep better at night, too. That would make Carole happy as well.
I had a new experience tonight. I went to Target with Carole and drove around the store in one of their motorized carts. It was great to get out, but a couple of times, I think Carole thought I was going to knock her over because I was a "little" bit out of control. Then, once I got the hang of driving the cart, I couldn't seem to stop. I even unintentionally drove away from Stephanie when she was trying to ask me a question. Sorry, Stephanie! I really wasn't intentionally ignoring you.
Take care, everyone!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my! Now it is Carole's turn to harp on you about YOUR driving! That is, if she can catch you!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to see you Paul!! I just thought you were enjoying the ride:)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful evening and again it was so great to see you both tonight!
Next time you go, you should really use the motorized cart with the yellow "rookie" stripe on it so other shoppers will know to stay a safe distance and be prepared to jump!
ReplyDeleteWe are so thankful the first round of chemo worked. Now we will continue to pray for your driving ability in Target and the next round of chemo to match the first. Carole, please do not jump on the back and ride with Paul. You could break your ankle and that would be bad news. Maybe Paul should get a horn on the Target car so he can let pedestrians know he is on the prowl. I hope you have Target car insurance. Those shopping trips could get to be expensive and your insurance company may cancel you out. Dan and Sue
ReplyDelete