Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Wednesday, September 23rd
It's been a long weekend. I took a fall on Friday and then again on early Saturday morning. Carole ended up calling 911, and I was taken to St. Luke's in Cedar Rapids. On Sunday evening I was transferred down to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and have been there ever since. There is swelling that is effecting my movement and especially my right side. I have been on a major dosage of steroids to get the swelling down, and I am getting limited function back on the right side. They did an MRI last night, and the preliminary results show that there are no major differences which could be good news if the tumors are not growing. Andy, Tory and Carole have been here pretty much non-stop, and friends and co-workers have also made some visits, and have even brought a malt (thanks CA and Sherry). My appetite has not been impacted! I hope to hear today what the plan will be to get me home. When they asked what my goal was on Sunday evening, I said it was to "Get out of here". I will write more when I get home again. Thanks for all the support and caring thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update, Paul. Good luck with whatever the doctors tell you to do. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying, Paul, that you will be home soon.
ReplyDeletePhil and sue
Paul, we are praying that all goes as you want and you are home soon.
ReplyDeleteDixie and David