Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, September 28th

The move was finally made on Saturday (insurance hold up again!) and therapy has begun. The St. Luke's rehabilitation unit is very nice and the therapy gym has tons of space and activities. Today was my first full day of physical, occupational and recreational therapy - I was exhausted when I finished. They say that is a good thing, because they want to push you as hard as possible without hurting you. Yesterday my sister, Beth, and her husband, Jeff, came to visit from Illinois. Beth brought excellent cookies and we had a good visit. I have decided that I want a large screen HD TV for the living room when I get home, so Carole and the boys are busy scoping out what we need to make that happen. Jeff Sikkema is going to take care of the wiring.
We are expecting a lot of company this weekend. Jeff and Cathy are coming for a long weekend, and Brian, Karen and Connor are coming as well. Both my mom and Carole's mom are visiting on Sunday and brothers and sisters are involved in helping them to make that happen. Carole's mom is going to stay for awhile to help with rehabilitation. We go back to the UIHC on Thursday, the 8th of October to see what the doctors have to say. Hopefully that trip won't have to take place the way the past two have.
The good news is that between the steroids and the therapy there is a chance to get back to where things were before.
Thanks for all the calls and support from family and friends - it always helps!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are finally moved in and on your way to good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the whole world is coming to see you this weekend. I bet you will have a real party. We think of you each day. Dan and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your busy weekend with all your company. I'll be over when the crowd dissapates and we will hang out and watch some big screen TV!

    ReplyDelete