Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday, October 16th

Today was a pretty good day - I logged in to my work email, plus when my physical therapist (torturer) was here, I was able to walk about twenty feet with the help of a walker. Things do seem to be improving daily. I know you'll all have trouble imagining this, but Carole makes a great drill sergeant, and she's making me do all my exercises. I was supposed to start my next round of chemo last night, but it got postponed until next week because my platelet count is a little low. The nurse at the UIH&C didn't seem overly concerned about the delay.
My family has been here helping a lot the past few weeks. My mother-in-law. Ailene, left here today after being here about 10 days and my brother-in-law, Jim left today after being here about three days. They both helped a bunch. My mother, two sisters and brother-in-law were here last weekend. Andy visits almost daily, and Brian drove down from Minneapolis tonight. It's kind of exhausting, but it's always good to see family. I think Brian is taking me out for dinner on Saturday night.
Today was my 20th anniversary with Genencor, and that family continues to surprise me with their generosity. They gave me a ton of gifts that I can't begin to thank them for appropriately.

2 comments:

  1. We thought of you on Saturday when the Boilermakers stomped on the Buckeyes. The Hawkeye fans appreciate Purdue's effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your hard work is paying off. Keep listening to your drill sergeant. It appears that you made a few friends at Genecore over the years. They seem like a great bunch of people.

    ReplyDelete