Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday, October 9, 2009

Home at last! A successful two weeks in rehab has reached its conclusion, and I am home again. I can't believe that Carole gave me her Linn-Mar bell to set on the TV tray beside the bed. I wonder if she will truly respond?? Modifications to the house were made by Brian, Carole and Ailene (Carole's mom) so that I would be safe to come home. Andy also joined us in going down the to the University of Iowa Hospitals on Thursday where we received some pretty decent news. The MRI seemed to indicate no new growth of the tumors, so we are keeping the same course of treatment with chemo starting again on Thursday.
Right now I am lying in bed watching golf on my new television. I can't believe how awesome the picture is. Several people were involved in making this happen for me, and I especially thank my mother, Shirley, for the gift. I appreciate all the support from family and friends who visited or sent their well wishes while I was laid up at the hospitals.

2 comments:

  1. This is good news, Paul! Was getting worried when you hadn't posted anything for a while. Enjoy the new TV, and be sure to RING THAT BELL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole gave you that loud, obnoxious bell?! I am sure I could hear it across town! Enjoy the TV. Very cool how everybody worked together to make that happen for you. You are certainly loved.

    ReplyDelete