
What a great football weekend! The Boilermakers, the Hawkeyes and the Cyclones all won, plus the Bengals crushed the Bears. It was unbelievable. Andy and Tory came over yesterday morning and took me to Granite City for brunch. As usual, the food was excellent, and it felt great to get out - even though I'm still stuck in a wheelchair. I still feel like I'm getting stronger every day. On the way home from Granite City we stopped at OfficeMax and picked up a webcam that Andy installed Carole's laptop so we can Skype with Jeff while he's deployed to Iraq - he's supposed to leave any day now. After that several people from Carole's school came over and raked leaves. There's now a huge pile between the street and the sidewalk waiting for the city to suck them up.
The round of chemo I'm on now seems to be going well - it just started a day later than expected. I haven't experienced any unusual side-effects.
Carole got after me to nap between football games, but I just couldn't do it, so I got pretty tired on Saturday and Sunday. I'll need to remember that next weekend. Oh well, it was fun to see so many winners!
I am glad your teams all won, Paul. I bet it was nice to get out and about. Jeff will be glad to see you when you Skype. Most of all, I am glad you are feeling stronger! No jumping in that pile of leaves!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better and enjoying your wins even at the expense of my Chicago Bears. Awful!!
ReplyDeleteMy dad might need to borrow Carol's crutches for a few days in December!! He has another torn meniscus now in the other knee.
I'm glad to hear that you're walking better!!! Love ya. Lisa
Paul, you left out the Colts win! At least with cheering on the Boilermakers I can see you haven't completely forgotten your Hoosier roots.
ReplyDeleteRilla