Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday, October 23rd

It's a good day! We don't know why, but the hospital didn't receive the results from the blood they drew yesterday until this morning. The platelet counts were good, so I begin the next round of chemo tonight. I'm feeling a little bit stronger every day. During this morning's physical therapy, I walked across the kitchen twice with the help of a walker - that felt good. The occupational therapy is also helping make my right side stronger. I'd love to be able to just hop out of bed and walk around the house, but right now that's just not possible. Before it got so rainy, Andy and Brian managed to take me for several walks (wheelchair rides) around the block, and took me out to dinner twice. It was great to get out. It's tough for me and I think it's tougher on Carole. Speaking of Carole, she returned to teaching half days last Monday. That gives her a chance to feel like she's doing something besides babysitting me all day, plus it's good for the kids. In the meantime, I'm working about half time from home via my laptop.
Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and gifts.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling better and getting stronger! Carole is back at work, which is not only good for the kids....it is good for the adults, too!

    ReplyDelete