We finally got to talk with my radiation oncologist today about last week's MRI. We didn't learn much new. You're really not supposed to analyze this MRI too much because it's not uncommon to get false readings from the images. They tell me if you want to measure any changes in the tumor(s), you need to wait until 30 days after you finish radiation before getting and evaluating a new MRI. That gives the swelling a chance to go down. The pictures from last week will be used to refine the target of the radiation I'm getting every day. Those adjustments will be implemented with this Friday's treatment. The plan is to continue the course that was originally planned. I still don't have many side-effects from the chemo, but the radiation seems to be having a cumulative effect because I'm starting to get a little bit more tired every day. I'm still working for Genencor from home about 4 hours a day - mornings are best.
Food still tastes great to me, and I do still have my appetite, and it is growing (like my gut). I got Dairy Queen malts both yesterday and today - still good! Andy suggested a couple of different places to try in Iowa City, but I need to find out exactly where they are.
Carole started cleaning carpets today. She's driving me crazy with all her busy work, but the good news is, I still haven't had to sort through all of my drawers. I think Carole needs to get out golfing again before school starts. She needs to release some frustration, and I'd prefer it not be on me.
Thanks again to everyone for all of your kind thoughts, your prayers and especially your friendship. I can't put it into words, but I really appreciate everything you've done for Carole and me.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paul,
ReplyDeleteTell that lovely wife of yours, she looks great in blue. Had a good chat with her tonight. Keep eating the ice cream and drinking the beer, preferably not at the same time.
Dixie and David