Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Brian thinks I look like Uncle Fester. Say it ain't so! I'm definitely not ready to agree with him.
There's not much new to report here, just five radiation treatments to go, then a month off. I still get tired in the afternoon, and I'm working about half time. I'm ready for the daily ride to Iowa City to be over, and I'm sure Carole is ready for the daily drive to be finished. Everyone at the U of I Hospitals & Clinics has made the experience as good as could be expected, but that doesn't mean I'm not ready for the treatments to end. On the way home today, we stopped at Whitey's. They're still at the top of my chocolate malt list, and for those of you wondering, it's always chocolate. I know what I like best, and I don't get the urge to switch (I do wish they had Leffe Bruin on tap, though).
Carole and I have been watching a lot of TV on DVD's the past few weeks. We've made it through the first seasons of "Lost" and "The Unit", and we're hooked on both. Now we've started the second season of "Lost". Hopefully it will be as good as the first season. We also just finished watching the Reds beat the Cubs. I don't quite know how that happened because the Reds have spent the last two weeks making everybody they play look like World Champions. What can I say, in spite of the way they've been playing, I'm still a Reds fan.
I'll post another update after Friday's visit with the doctor. Hopefully, there will be nothing new to report.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Fester!? HA! What does that smart aleck son of your know, anyway?!

    ReplyDelete