Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday, August 12th

I left the hospital today with a Certificate of Completion and the white mesh mask they used to hold my head in place during my radiation treatments. I don't know if I'll ever have a need for it again, except for maybe on Halloween, but I thought I would save it kind of as a badge of honor. I take my last round of chemo pills tonight. My next appointments at the hospital are on 9/11 - an ominous date, huh? That day I'll get a new MRI and see both the radiation oncologist and the chemo oncologist. It will be a long day. After that, I will hopefully start another round of chemotherapy.
On the way home, we celebrated by stopping at Dane's Dairy in Iowa City so I could try one of their chocolate malts - it reminded me of The Kool Moo in Cedar Rapids. After that we stopped at Parlor City Pub in the New Bohemia section of Cedar Rapids and tried their version of Jucy Lucy's (I actually tried their Spicy Lucy). For those of you from the Twin Cities, these are not the same as, or as good as the ones from Matt's or The Blue Door Pub. I liked yesterday's Frog Burger much better.
Today I'm the most tired I've been since I started my treatments. The doctor told me it's normal, and that I should expect to start getting my energy back in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! We are so proud of you...you continue to amaze us! Hope you guys get some time to relax before Carole heads back to school. Love you both!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete