Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3rd

I got what was left of my hair cut yesterday. What remains is my "old man" look. You can see the field of radiation is fairly large because that's what has caused all the hair loss. The doctors have told me the chemo drug I'm taking does not typically cause any hair loss. I sure hope they're frying the real target with the radiation, and not just my hair. I'm still feeling pretty well, and I just have seven more radiation treatments left, at least for now. Once the radiation is finished, I know I'll have a month without any radiation or chemo. After that, it's another MRI, then evaluate it and decide the best course from there.
This weekend was relatively restful. My lovely bride and I ran several errands on Saturday morning and went to dinner with friends on Saturday evening - veal parmigiana - and I had heartburn all night.
Carole has been a real trooper through all of this. She has basically given up her whole summer (a big deal for a teacher) to take care of me, and she's managed to do it complaining a lot less than I have.
Because of my weight gain (and tight pants), I decided on Friday afternoon that I wouldn't have another chocolate malt until at least today, but last night a friend brought one to my house. Of course, I couldn't turn it down. I didn't have one today to make up for the "extra" one I had yesterday.
Thanks again to everyone for the cards and comments that seem to keep coming every day. Every single one is appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Paul, I like the new do! It accentuates those oh so cute dimples!

    ReplyDelete