Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday, August 15th

Yesterday was not a very good day for me physically. Dr. Smith had me tapering off of Decadron (the steroid I've been taking), and I woke up with a booming headache, and not very stable on my feet. When I called the nurse's station at the hospital, I was surprised when they went and got Dr. Smith and put him on the phone to talk with me directly. He had me take an extra 2 mg yesterday morning, then switch back to the dosage I was on before yesterday. That took care of the headache, but I stayed pretty wobbly all day. Carole and I went over to some friend's house last night. It was a nice chance to meet and talk with several other friends. Additionally, there was a homemade "Buster Bar" ice cream dessert waiting to be tasted (or is that tested?) It was awesome! I'm sure everybody thought I wasn't in very good shape, but it helped me to get out of the house for a while and talk with people.

I woke up this morning feeling much like I have for the past couple of weeks, so it seems that the switch back to the old dosage of Decadron took care of the issues I saw yesterday morning.

Carole is back in school now. She started on Thursday. So far she's been able to come home at lunchtime, but starting next Wednesday, when the kids start school, she won't be able to do that. We're both a little nervous about that, but she is reachable by cell phone, and can come home in case of an emergency. Several people have volunteered to be "on call" in case of emergency. I'm still overwhelmed by how many good friends and neighbors we have who have offered to help. Thanks for everything you've done!
Carole wants to get out to school this weekend to put the finishing touches on her room. I'm sure we'll find time to get that done.

1 comment:

  1. Paul, remember we just live down the block. We could be there too.
    Carole, I still remember how to do bulletin boards and correct papers. Let me know how we can be useful.
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete