Many of you know that my father was diagnosed with a brain tumor late last year. He went through a similar course of treatment that I just finished, but after the first round of radiation and chemo, his doctors stopped the chemo and switched him to a different kind of treatment - some sort of protein therapy. My doctors are indicating I will probably go through more chemo therapy. Anyway, last night, my father passed away. He had been at home for about a week with around the clock hospice care, and the last few days he was heavily sedated with morphine, so his passing was not a total surprise, but it's still sad, and I know I'll miss him. I also know he was ready to die, and he's in a better place now, but that doesn't mean everybody around him was ready for this to happen or that we were totally prepared for it.
Things have changed a little bit for me - more good days than bad days this week. I guess that's an improvement! I'm still trying to stay as positive as possible, and I appreciate all the encouragement, prayers and success stories all of you are passing along. Thanks!
The funeral is next Tuesday, so I'll probably be in Indiana until next Wednesday, probably not many blog updates until after that.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so saddened by the loss of your dad. I know that you were a great son to him and he had to be so proud of you and your family.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Paul and Carole. I will send you prayers of comfort. Love, Tina