Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday, August 18th

I'm learning to lower my expectations every day. Since last Thursday, there have been a few bad days, and a few "not so bad" days. From everything the doctors have told us, and from everything Carole has read in all of the literature they gave us at the hospital, this is normal. It may take up to two months for the swelling in my brain caused by the radiation and chemo treatments to go down. The biggest problems for me have been my balance and my stamina. Today was actually my best day since the radiation and chemo ended. I was able to work about 7 hours today, and handled it fairly well. After that, Carole and I went to the airport to pick up Andy and Tory who were returning from their vacation. Not too surprisingly, I'm really tired tonight.
Sorry this is such a short update.

No comments:

Post a Comment